Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Microsoft Live Writer Blog Test

I just started writing a blog.  I planned to use one just for my Race Reports so I can find them all in one place.  The main reason was so I could get them in a format that was easy to publish without fiddling with them at every place I want to put them.

Map picture

I use a MAC.  So, I went searching for an offline blog editor so 1) I did not have to be online all the time while editing a long post and 2) I do not want to post to the blog until I am done – i.e. I dont want folks to be able to see it until I am done with it and libve editing just keeps it out there while I am working on it.

I did some google searches for MAC offline blog editing tools.  I found MarsEdit, eCT and Desk.  They are all paid but free trials (although I had to pay for Desk).  I could not get MarsEdit nor eCT to work with my blog (I am using google’s blogger).  And, I got no support for either.  Desk worked but it went crazy on me while integrating – it duplicated HUGE sections of my blog 5-6 times within the post – it took me an hour or so to fix.  Also, it messed up HTML tags.  So, I cleaned my post up and edited it completely on the blog site online.  It still has some HTML errors but I don't know how to find and fix them – it does not show me where specifically the errors are.

While searching, I found Live Writer from Microsoft for free.  It appears to have by far the best reviews of all of them.  I am now testing it.  This is my first post.

Paul IM New Zealand Finish Chute 

Above is a picture of me in the finish chute of IM New Zealand 2015.  One example of getting photo into blog properly.

AucklandCanoeMaori

Traditional Maori ceremony in their canoe.

AuckandNeedle I would like text to wrap around this picture but does not seem to work

No comments:

Post a Comment